Conference Home | Conference Schedule | Class Descriptions | Critiques | Portfolio Showcase
Faculty Bios | Networking Dinner | Hotel Accommodations | Registration | Conference Do’s & Don’ts
Show off your illustrations at our Fall Conference by joining our new portfolio showcase!
Attendees can now participate in a portfolio showcase at no extra cost! Enter the showcase to get your work in front of our faculty members and other attendees. Showcase participants will be able to receive feedback from everyone who sees their art. In addition, our fabulous faculty will choose three prize-winning portfolios to be featured on our website. Winners will also receive free or discounted admission to a future SCBWI North Texas event.
- Standard formats only
- Only one (1) portfolio permitted.
- Size: (Measure while open) – Maximum width: 32” max. – Maximum height: 12” max. – Closed Portfolio: 3” tall max.
- 10 – 15 images suggested.
- Copies or prints only; no original art.
- Name: your name and contact information must be in or on your portfolio.
* Please Note: Portfolios that do not follow requirements will be disqualified from judging, and may be kept at registration.
Business or Promotional Cards
- Size: Up to 5”x 7” horizontal or vertical.
- Only one design required. (one stack will be placed by portfolio)
- No card holders permitted.
- Bring cards in disposable plastic bag, or bound by rubber band
- One (1) Dummy Book permitted.
- Size: Dummies may not be larger than your portfolio.
- Optional, not a requirement.
- Dummy may not, in any way, be a partially or fully published book.
- The Dummy may or may not be your own writing. Please do give credit where credit is due.
- The Dummy is simply an opportunity to display your awareness and ability to create a children’s book.
- Optional; not a requirement.
- Can be in addition to your portfolio, NOT instead of a portfolio
- Portfolios must be participant’s own artwork.
Please note what is not permitted:
The following will disqualify your portfolio from judging.
- Oversized portfolios (whether in length, depth or width) Nonsecured portfolio (images not securely attached to portfolio)
- Original art
- Framed art • Published books
- 3-dimensional art
- Easels, stands or props of any kind
- Portfolios in unusual novelty formats, such as boxes
Drop Off and Pick Up
All portfolios must be dropped off during check-in beginning at 8:30 am at the Fall Conference. Portfolios must be accompanied by a written release (we will have them at the conference). You must pick up your portfolio at the end of the showcase between 5:00-5:30 pm. SCBWI North Texas cannot be responsible for any portfolios not picked up by that time.